Last week was hell. I was not only sick with sore throat and a hacking cough, but also morning sickness kicked in full gear. And to top it off, I had to incessantly listen to my parents preaching "you need something stronger than Tylenol" almost daily. Yes, I wish I could've taken something that made me sound less like a deep, sultry phone sex operator, but my options (just like my wine intake) are obsolete. Just add it to the list of wonderful things I can't have while pregnant. I long for the days of wine and drugs. How do rock stars deal with pregnant?
I had my first doctor's appointment with my new OBGYN today. Most people could care less about their doctors, but they're just as important as picking your husband. Just like with Jason, I scored. Dr. Bason-Mitchell had a hard act to follow, as I was on a first name basis and private phone extension relationship with my old OBGYN, but she lived up to my friend Niki's hype. (She delivered Niki's baby too). She was warm, real, and took a full, unrushed half hour with me. I immediately loved her.
The best part of the appointment, by far, was the end. Dr. Bason-Mitchell surprised me and asked if I wanted to hear the heartbeat. Hell yeah! I wasn't expecting it, and as with most things these days, it was another first. The Dr. cautioned me that it might be too early to hear it, but within 3 seconds, we heard it, loud and strong. It was so surreal. There really is a critter in there. I"m still constantly amazed by the fact that there's another person living inside me, and it's not a parasite.
No comments:
Post a Comment