Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 12/13


I'm a ding dong. If I can't even figure out what week I'm in, how the hell am I supposed to figure out how to raise a child? I'll chalk it up to pregnancy brain. (There is such a thing according to my book). In a nutshell, when this picture was taken (last night), I was 12 weeks/2 days pregnant. The lightbulb went off. I wasn't 12 weeks pregnant (DUH), as I initially thought. I was working on my 13th week. The good news - I now look a bit better than I thought and I can attribute a bigger belly and weight gain to that extra week that pushed me into the 4th month. Bad news - by the time we share the news with our families and friends, we'll be in the 17th week, just starting our 5th month. It's a really long time not to share the most exciting news of your life with those closest to you. But we've been keeping the secret this long, what's another 3 weeks, right? I think the looks on both our families faces (in NY on 3/21) will be priceless.

Oh and for the record, my hair did not look that bad when I looked in the mirror before the picture. I swear. Maybe it is time for a new camera.

No comments: