Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weeks of Waiting

For the avid Lil' Warne blog followers, you need to know that (as of now), it's a collaborative effort. Jason's in charge of the humor and swearing (see prior blog), and I'm in charge of giving you the info. Kinda like how it is in real life. So now, onto the scoop and a little glimpse of our lives since the monumentous urine day of 12/27.

First, let me tell you, the timing was not ideal. See, no matter how many sticks you pee on, you're not deemed preggers until you have the blood test. Given the holidays, doctor's offices were closed. We couldn't get the blood test slips issued until 1/2, and then we had to wait another 4 days for results of two tests. If you're doing the math here, that's almost two weeks of not really knowing if we're pregnant. And yes, New Years Eve was right in the middle of it. Jason and I would stroll by baby stores or moms pushing carriages not really sure if we should look. Or get excited. But we did know one thing - we weren't going to risk it on New Years. I stocked up on sparkling raspberry juice and called it a night on the couch. I guess I should get used to the couch thing. I see it in our New Years Eve futures for many years to come (w/baby).

On Monday 1/7 (yesterday), we got the news we were waiting for. The doctor said my hormone levels were where they were supposed to be and we were about 6 weeks pregnant! Bust out the sparkling raspberry juice. We have to wait until next week to get our first ultrasound, but we're not waiting to start the belly pics. After all, I don't want to wait too long. Gotta prove that I once had a flat tummy. So here's me at 6 weeks:

Note that the hair is bigger than the belly. We'll post these weekly, every Monday night for your viewing pleasure. I did want to give props to my thoughtful husband who made a second version of the picture, carefully scuplting my abs into a six pack. I opted to keep it real, but I cannot guarantee that I won't have some retouching down the road when I resemble Roseanne Barr.

No comments: