Friday, January 11, 2008

Life With the New Me

Luckily, when I left my old job at the ad agency, I snagged a bunch of books I had to purchase for my client accounts - BabyCenter and The Ritz Carlton Club. So if I'm ever giving birth in a Ritz Carlton in Arizona, I will be well prepared. Haven't been back to Arizona in a while, but the BabyCenter Essential Guide to Pregnancy has been my BFF. I'm now sharing my journey with a mysterious woman who will tell me what my body should look like and feel like every week. Jason just likes to look at her picture and giggle.

Here's what she tells me that I should be experiencing at week 6:
  1. Split personality - I'll let Jason take that one.
  2. Bloating - I'm going to wear my skinny jeans until the buttons pops off.
  3. Nausea and Vomiting - So far so good. Knock on wood.
  4. Sore and enlarged breasts - Yeah, just what I need. I'm on my way towards a good career in porn should this mom thing not work out.
  5. Frequent need to pee
  6. Fatigue - Still hitting the gym at least 3-4x week, but have to take down the cardio 2 levels. My new friend (above) says that my heart rate has increased 10-15 beats more a minute. Not sure what that translates to, but the stair machine just got a lot harder.
  7. Gas - Let's just say that I'm giving Jason a run for his money

No comments: