I spent 2 hours tonight filling out preschool applications, writing checks and addressing envelopes. I remember the days when the only pre-requisite for nursery school was that you didn't bring a gun to school with you. Now you have to answer application questions like your occupation and the company, ethnicity, what affiliations in SF you're associated with, volunteering efforts, what my child can bring to the school, what do I want out of the school, why this particular school, etc. And the biggest kicker is - if, if, if a spot does open up, you then have to go through a family interview process to then get selected. I say bullsh*t. But I'm still a sucker. 4 more applications to go.
P.S. We're 1 for 6 on the day care odds. After applying 1.5 years ago, we just go into one last week. Figures that I'm not working and can't take advantage of it. I predict that when we finally get into a preschool, we won't even be living in San Francisco.
P.P.S. A big thank you for all the prior postings' comments. I feel so loved again. And I want to know who made the guilt trip comment. Jorge?
4 comments:
I know people on two different board of trustees at two private preschools and grade schools in Miami...come move here:) xo
Not Jorge
Just send in a pic of Tanner with the application...I am sure he will be accepted on looks alone. He seriously could not be cuter!
haha! you guys are so funny to read. :) I love it. And my oh my Tanner!... your hair grew in the last 2 months! I barely recognize you!
Well if I had a preschool I would accept him... :P
Hope to see you guys soon.
Miss you lots Tanner!!!
Post a Comment