Okay, lots to catch up on, my Tanner Kai blog reader faithfuls. But before I go on, I have
a bone to pick. Does anyone even read this blog, besides the grandparents, uncles and Jamie? (Thanks guys). I spend many minutes (which is hard to come by these days) pouring my heart out with the latest Tanner news and anecdotes, only to be met with zero comments. I know that someday Tanner will enjoy reading all the stories (especially the ones where he peed on Daddy), but sometimes I feel like I'm talking/writing to myself. Zero comments lately. Zero. Throw me a bone here.
Okay, I'm off the soapbox. Lots going on with the Tan Man as Uncle Scott calls him.
Here are some of the latest developments that have us kvelling to the grandparents:
- Tanner has really mastered signing. He knows "no, more and milk." If only I can get him to do "sorry, I"m so whiney mom. I'll make it up to you tonight when I sleep 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep." Here's a funny story. Jason was watching cartoons with Tanner the other night. I put my foot down and made them turn off the TV. Tanner immediately points at the TV and signs more. And of course we had to oblige. We're suckers for the smart baby moves.
- He's also getting good at animal sounds. He knows cow/moo, bird/cheep, dog/woof. Though today he mooed at a pigeon. A for effort.
- He also knows his nose and likes to put his fingers in people's eyes.
- He's been eating a TON lately. Last night, he had 2 meatballs, full side serving of sweet potatoes, side of broccoli and a side of peas. And still left room for Puffs. This morning he had bowl of oatmeal with applesauce, banana and a yogurt. I actually think he's getting more baby fat than he had at 6 months.
- In addition to eating a lot, Tanner now eats anything and everything, though I try to keep him on a well balanced baby friendly diet of fruits/veggies/good carbs/turkey meatballs. (Jenny Craig would be happy). I went away for a girls weekend in wine country and Jason thought it would be a perfect opportunity to feed him stuff that I don't even eat. Tanner ate lox, steak and chocolate. On the same day. Before bed. Not the brightest idea, which Jason quickly found out when Tanner decided it would be a great time to play at 11pm, 1am, 3am and 6am. I came home from girls weekend to two very cranky, tired boys. Speaking of coming home, I was away from Tanner for 2 nights, the longest we've been apart. While away with the fellow mamas, we all discussed our grand reunions with the babies, where there would be big smiles and cheers. Wishful thinking. Our reunion went something like this: Jason walks through door, I hear Tanner's squeal and start running with arms open wide. Tanner looks at me, put his arm's out......and points to a dog. It's like I wasn't even there, let alone gone for 2 days. I guess I should've expected it. After all, I'm affectionately known as "ball." Jason's Dada. I'm Ball.
- We've started up with swim and music classes. Tanner loves, loves, loves swimming. He loves jumping off the sides of the pool into my arms and drinking the pool water. Ewe. We had our first music class last Friday, and it was awesome. It was practically a private lesson, just Tanner and his buddy Reese. (See pics below). Jon, the instructor was amazing - giving them instrument after instrument to play/eat. He also sang, read, did magic and even taught the parents a few things (e.g., where D was on a piano). Can't wait for the rest of Tanner's buds to join us this Friday - Wyatt, Olive and Rose. We gave Tanner some bowls and a spoon to practice at home. (See pics below).
- Tanner's also recently started waving and kissing. Where he doesn't discriminate with the waves (homeless people included), he's very selective of his kissing partners. He only gives them out to his stuffed animals and his mobile. No kisses for Momma or Dada yet. Though his friend Lucia planted a huge one on him last Friday. Open mouth and everything. Tanner played too cool for school, just taking the smooches with little acknowledgement. The rest of the afternoon he spent chasing after dogs while Lucia longingly called to him.


Can you see the spoon in Tanner's hand? Probably not. He's a speed drummer.
This might just be model material here.
11 comments:
Ok fine. Out me. My name is Elizabeth and I am a lurker.
(side note: I feel your pain on the comments thing - comments are what we bloggers LIVE for!)
Keep the posts coming with your witty banter and zoolander Kai photos. Or Tai as Brett calls him. Because why use three syllables when you can use one? (PS - love the bath bubbles pics! and the blog!)
Sure looks like Tan Man is into the music class.He looks like a combination of Liberace and Ginger Baker from Cream and a little bit of Jimi Hendricks. But I think he should pursue a modeling career with that face. Poppy Too
I always look forward to this blog and this recent one really made me LOL. You're an awesome writer, Stephanie! I love the pictures...especially these new ones. They're so professional looking! Thanks for keeping us updated with all of Tanner's new developments and adventures. It always makes my day! XOXOX
I LOVE your blog! And Tanner just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
Kressy Bear,
I just caught up with your blog again. Surfing the net is one of the perks of newborn parenthood though there is less of that downtime with No. 2.
Tanner is beautiful. I can't believe how quickly he's grown up. Looks like you're having loads of fun. It just keeps getting better with every month in my opinion!
Love,
Shea Dog
It's about time you updated this thing! Next time I'm in town, I want to go to music class with you guys! My TanMan is gorgeous:) xo Uncle Scott
How truly BLESSED You and Jason are!!! Tanner is just BEAUTIFULL!!
Way to go Steph. From now on people will be too embarrased to read and not comment. You are a great motivator. Guess who
Is it me or his hair turning more blonde?!?!? I do check on your blog every now and then and thoroughly enjoy it! Y'all are doing a great job, Steph!!! I live vicariously through my friends for now!
I hear you on the comment thing (ahem!) I have slowed the flow on my blog lately, not sure if anyone reads it either. Most of my updates end up on facebook I and I feel the blog is repetative. I DO check out updates on yours though! I am a bit of a junkie on the few blogs I follow. I can't blieve the healthy food you get Tanner to eat! Dylan isn't skinny for nothing. The kid just won't eat anything at meal times. What is your trick?
Auntie Judi would be crushed not to view the Tanner blog!! Look how blond he is!!!! Wow! He could be a top baby model......but I hope that you don't......we all enjoy him so much as it is :.) Smooches to you 3!!
Post a Comment