Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ginormous

Well, it happened again. I popped. And I'm pooped. Jason came home from work on Monday telling me, "Wow! I think you got bigger from this morning." And then he quickly followed it with, "But you still look beautiful." Boy, that guy is becoming a master of words. I'm practically buying it. He was right. I did get bigger, which shouldn't be too surprising. We have only 5 more weeks left (my god, where did the time go???) and Critter's putting on a pound a week. Oh, and the pooped part. No, it's not my gas. It's my new habit of falling asleep by 10pm, getting 10+ hours of sleep a night and still feeling exhausted. That, and not being able to walk more than 20 minutes without stopping for air thanks to Critters feet pressing against my lungs.

This past weekend, we had our last birth prep class. Now that we're masters of the pain management techniques (especially Bad Dog), we tried our hand at Newborn Care. We learned infant CPR, what to do if Critter chokes, swaddling, baby bathing, sleep and calming techniques, breast feeding, and I even changed my first diaper. So what if it was on a doll, it still counts.

The swaddle aftermath

I have to say, it was a very long day (8 hours sitting inside on a beautiful Saturday w/only a few 5 minute pee breaks), but it was worth it. I learned a lot of good info. and that many women who are due after me are almost double my size. Yay me. It was also interesting that in the group of 35 couples, 70% were having boys. I think there's something in the water out here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph: You can't help peeing. As critter puts more pressure, you will have to keep running to the bathroom. The last few weeks is when you will round out more, and you can't see your belly button.Keep your courage up. I am reading a good recipe book that I will give to you the next time I see you. Love and kisses. Grandma Freda

Nicole Bongard said...

It's true! When Russell and I went to the classes, I'd say it was 80% girls!! How strange... that was exactly 2 years ago. Wonder how that works. Can't wait to meet this crazy little critter... sounds like he's gonna give Ri-Belle a run for her money!
xoxo
n