
The spoiling continues. Last weekend, my girlfriends Nikki, Rachael, Christie and Lysee threw Critter a shower in SF. The theme was penis and Jewish-isms. Critter got onesies that said, "My mom's in a 12-schelp program" and "I drive the ladies Meshugana." (Meshugana = crazy in Yiddish). For the penis, we got a well endowed stripper. Just kidding. It was a penis cake, but a well endowed one. (See below). The day was beautiful and so special. The girls really thought about everything - from tons of pasteurized cheese goodies to orange galore (like Critter's room) to my favorite non-alcoholic beer. It was also the first time all my groups of girlfriends were together, which I've never been able to do (thanks to a Thanksgiving time birthday).
While Critter and I were getting spoiled, Jason was doing baby work. (Do you see a re-occurring shower theme here?) He put together the crib and started painting the wall mural. No pics yet; you'll have to wait till it's complete in a few weeks. Also while we were getting spoiled, our good friends Heather and Mark were too - with their first baby, Jack Aaron Ruder. I saw the family of three yesterday at CPMC, and all are beautiful. (Yes, Heather, even with the ponytail and no makeup).
On the Critter front, the latest development is hiccups. About 20 minutes ago, I felt a slight bump sensation to the left of my belly button. Then I felt it again. And again. And again. It kept coming every 4 seconds for about 5 minutes. At first I thought that Critter may have inherited my sense of rhythm, but then I realized that he's Jason's kid too. So it must be hiccups. BabyCenter.com says it's a great sign that the baby's lungs are developing, though I still don't get how it happens if they're surrounded by only amniotic fluid (w/oxygen).




1 comment:
It won't be long now
Post a Comment