Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Half Way Mark


Well, we're half way there. If you're trying to do some math here, yes, pregnancy is 40 weeks/10 months, NOT 36 weeks/9 months as people, books and media lead you to believe before you get preggers. Just when you think you can't take it any more beyond 9 months, they trick you into another, just to make people on Weight Watchers feel better about themselves. So here we are, half way, just starting our 6th month.

I gotta say, all the comments and stress people have tried to give me about women turning crazy during pregnancy...Steph has been pretty great. Sure there's the occasional nag and little snippy comment, but I'm not entirely convinced that it's anything out of the normal. Just Steph being Steph.

But seriously, the last few days have been incredible. The little guy has been moving around and it's been so fun to actually feel it. I love to shout at it just to see if it jumps. Nothing yet, but I'll keep y'all posted.

Steph and I have begun getting and receiving some amazing clothes and bedroom stuff for the critter as well (big thanks to gammas, grampas, and uncles). It's clear at this point that the dude is gonna be better dressed than Steph and me. With all the greens and blues in his collection, I think I'm gonna have to start getting him some black metal t-shirts. So if anyone knows where I can get little Slayer, Black Sabbath or Van Halen (circa David Lee Roth) shirts...give me a shout.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Here is a great site for baby rock tees.

http://www.babywit.com/BROCK.html

You also have to get a baby pair of Vans or Chucks. Logan gets lots of remarks on hers. Is it bad that I am trying to spike her hair into a mohawk instead of put it in little bows?

adriene crimson said...

So, I really couldn't resist linking to this site but I must post a disclosure - not all of these ts are appropriate for mixed company.
A lot of them are funny - a lot of them are in poor taste. I'm only offering the site for the ones you think are funny.

That said - check this out:
http://www.tshirthell.com/babyhell.shtml