Other big news - lots of kicking, punching and movement. And it wasn't gas (despite me trying to blame it on that and Jason not buying it). Critter's very active right after dinner (8pm-ish) and late night (11:30pm-ish). And I think he knows I'm writing about him right now. He's kicking away. This past Saturday night, the kicks were pretty strong. My OBGYN said that Jason wouldn't likely feel the kicks for another 2 weeks, but I had him feel me up, and sure he enough he felt a few kicks - and FREAKED OUT. Critter scared him and he was afraid to feel me up for the rest of the night. I have to admit, it is weird to feel something like an alien growing inside you and probably even weirder for Jason to feel it. According to my books, the Critter can hear us and is able to start distinguishing our voices, so Jason loves "talking" to it. Though, I'm not sure if talking is the right word. He loves to whistle at it like a dog and say "Yooooo Whooo" like he does with my Grandma Freda. Great - when Critter's born, we'll only have to whistle, and he'll come running. Maybe we can also train him to bring in the paper.
Also, a lot of thoughtful people are asking how I feel. (Thanks for asking). For the most part, I can't complain. I still haven't' given in to maternity clothes, though days of fully buttoning jeans are long gone. Rubber bands looped around the button are a godsend. Yeah, sleeping's been a bit tough with a watermelon between you and and the featherbed, but I deal. My biggest issue is are my lower extremities. I can't go 10 feet without my feet blowing up like balloons. And just today, my left calf (not the right) decided to join in the fun. I could only zip up my right boot. The left boot zipper is half way down the track with my calf fat oozing out of it. Bizarre. So other than that, I can't really bitch. So I won't. At least not this week.
I can't end this week's post without letting you know of the wonderful time we had with Jason's parents last week. We had lots to celebrate and Mamma Kris was the best at giving me advice and sharing stories of when Jason was a baby (that he conveniently had forgotten about).
5 comments:
I was wondering why you wear your pants so low.
Stephanie,
You look so beautiful. I know I am biased but you have a serenrity and glow that is absolutely amazing. Jason is one lucky guy that you will be birthing his child.
Grandma Kris, Grandpa Eric and Grandpa Mark aka Poppy and I (Grammy Sandy) can't wait to meet our grandson.
As Jason would say "Good times" and so right he is! It doesn't get better!
Grandma Freda says: I can't wait for the baby to be born. I never expected to live to see a baby for Stephqanie and me become a great grandma. I just want to thank Steph and Jason that I will be around to see my great grandchild. You are glowing inj your beauty just like the night of your Bat Mitzvah. And by the way, I love you a million dollars.
You have bombs!!! Is your brother allowed to say that? I guess it doesn't matter since they really don't matter to me:)
Grandma Freda's comment made me cry.
Post a Comment