Here's what I came home to on Saturday afternoon. Jason couldn't get him started skateboarding early enough.
On the update front, Tanner's crawling - full on hands and knees and tummy off the floor. His favorite way to show off his new sweet moves is crawling to the grandparents across the room on the webcam. The funniest part is that he now crawls in back of the computer, looking for them. Babyproofer is coming for an hour on Tuesday to strap book cases to walls and put latches on all the cabinets and drawers, which would easily take Jason and I a whole weekend to do.
Tanner's latest buds, Larry and Barry (his two top teeth) have made an appearance. (Not to be confused with Harry and Mary the bottom two). I'm glad we're now past the top teeth stage. It was brutal. I truly think someone switched my baby with the devil last week. There was no making him happy.
In the midst of getting the top two teeth, Tanner also decided it would be fun to get his first cold, ear infection, allergic reaction to Amoxicillin, and second cold - all amounting to 3 trips to the Pediatrician in two weeks. Getting sick sucks. But you're kid getting sick is 10x worse. There ain't no Motrin or froggie humidifier that can make a difference. You're still sucking juicy boogers out of their nose with a nasal bulb at 12pm. And 3am. And sometimes 5am too.
Tanner also hates my cooking. Until last week, he was an avid fan of my homemade pureed peas with mint and garlic, butternut squash with sage, and whatever I could make and hide some beans or meat in. Not anymore. He only wants the jarred stuff. At first I was pretty upset, because there's nothing more I'd like to do than make homemade babyfood after working 10 hours, playing with Tanner, feeding Tanner dinner, bathing Tanner, putting Tanner to bed, clean the house, pack Tanner's bag for the next day, and than make myself dinner at 9pm. :) As you can see from the sarcasm, I got over it pretty quickly, especially since babyfood's been on sale at Safeway recently. Yay for processed food!
Jason also celebrated a wonderful first Father's Day - went to brunch, had some Bloody Mary's and then spent the afternoon surfing while I took Tanner down to Pier 39 to make fun of the sea lions and tourists. I think he got a bigger kick out of the map toting idiots than the barking sea lions.
1 comment:
Tanner is such a lucky little boy...that hallway was made for skateboarding!!
XOXO
Post a Comment