It's official. I'm neurotic. Jason will tell you that I've been this way since week 7, but I actually thought I held out as long as I could. Every pain, tingle and mystery body function sets me off like a 5 alarm fire. Is this labor? Is everything ok with Critter? God, I haven't finished setting up the nursery. Shoot, not all of the breast pump parts are sanitized and I have no clue how to deal with the Diaper Dekor. Am I ready to be a mom? Every time I call my OBGYN's office, I have to preface it with "this is neurotic Stephanie Warne. Sorry to bother you again, but......" I'm already gathering recipes for treats to give the staff. They've been so patient with me and reassuredly telling me that I'm normal, with a nervous laugh. Am I? No matter how many books I read, web sites I research on, mommy friends I call, and classes I take, I'm still a frenzied mom-to-be that is truly neurotic. I really hope Critter comes early so my self esteem isn't reduced to nothing.
Well, Jason's Dad, Grampy Eric was right. The last month is truly the hardest. I can't bitch too much because I've had it easy. Barely any morning sickness, a healthy baby, a healthy me and people (hopefully genuinely) telling me that I don't even look 6 months pregnant. Plus, Jason still thinks I'm sexy. Not really sure how though. At any rate, by 8pm, my body does an all out tirade against me. Sciatica, one of the most excruciating sharp pains I've felt - to date - is non stop and even changing positions in bed causes grimacing despite having 3 pillows propping up ever body part. I know this is nothing compared to labor, but at least there's epidurals for those pains. All I've got now is a very concerned husband who is up with me all night.
If anyone knows of a pregnancy god I can chant to or make sacrificial offerings, let me know.
4 comments:
Hi Honey,
Unfortunately there is no pregnancy god to chant to or make any sacrifices to. All you can do is wait it out (I know it sucks) however what you come away with in the end is definitely worth it.
You look amazing and beautiful and Critter is lucky to have a Mom like you and a patient, caring dad like Jason.
I have no advice for you other than try to relax or before long you will have a rash (and won't that be cute.) Go with the flow (no pun intended) it won't be long before you meet your delicious baby boy.
I love you so much, your mommy
Hey Steph,
I too am going crazy! Today is my due date and no sign of Ms. Taylor. Is it too early to punish your child while still in the womb? This tardiness is just not acceptable.
Sounds like you are making great "progress" though and that your little guy will be here soon. Oh yeah and Jason is right you look great!
Jamie
From the looks of your belly button in this pic, you're done. Get that turkey out of the oven!
Yup, those last weeks are the longest. I went from getting up every three hours to pee before the kids were born to getting up every three hours to feed them. And now I have allergies that keep me awake.
Can't wait to see your little guy!
-Cindy
Don't sacrificial offerings defeat the purpose of having a fist born? I cant wrap my head around this, tres biblical.....
In any case, I'll tell you what i tell my clients. Is a few extra days to wait any time at all for the projected duration of the (Baby, sofa, etc)? It'll be with you two for 18 years before you even get a break from it, so patience. He'll get here soon enough.
And at least you look hot. If i were you I'd be hiring a photographer to do all nude Black and White shots to prove to all humanity I looked this good during pregnancy. Top 1/2 a percent achieves that little feat!
Post a Comment