Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yummy

Tanner's second favorite food (behind his milk) is his hands.

On another note, I've been desperately trying to engage in activities where I can be with others and don't have to feed or change them.  I went to one playgroup last week and another this week.  (I've been the playgroup ho - just jumping around and trying them all out to find one I like).  The one today was from the Golden Gate Mothers Group, a community of 3,500 Bay Area moms.  I posted an ad asking if there were any other mothers of newborns in the Russian Hill area.  I got a bunch of responses and had the opportunity to hang with 4 other moms (Megan, Cate, Roxanne and Erin) and babies (Rose, Body, Julie and Olive) today.  It's not really a playgroup for the kids as it is for the moms to get together and just ask questions to find out if their kid is normal (and if anyone else has dared to have sex yet.  It was split down the middle on that one.)  The women were really cool and it felt great that I wasn't the only one dying for new friends and an adult conversation.  We're all getting together again on Thursday for lunch and then to the Mommy Movie where no one cares if your baby cries or poops because it's free and their kid is doing it too.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A picture is worth a thousand words but....
a video is worth a gazillion words!!! :)
Thanks and keep 'em comin'!!

Tanner is getting so much bigger and even more precious!!
I'm so happy to hear that you're getting together with some other new Moms in your area. I'm sure you'll have lots to chat about.

Love you all,
Nana XOXO

Anonymous said...

I can't stop watching the video. I keep laughing each time. Next video s/b pounds and also a bath video. Keep them coming. I will send the batteries. They are great and certainly appreciated. Poppy Tu

Anonymous said...

Steph,

The last i heard sex is what got you into this. I suggest you google 'irish twins' and see if the concept is appealing to you before getting back on that horse. (No pun intended)

Anonymous said...

HE IS SOOOOO GOSH DARN BEAUTIFULL! TELL HIM THAT I LOVE HIM! U LOVE YOU GUYS TOO !! LOVE, AUNTIE J.