Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cabaowl









Doesn't he look like a monk?

The first year of life is awesome.  Everything is a first - including Tanner's first Halloween.  Nana brought a bevy of costumes with her from Massachusetts: a cat onesie, an owl hat and a bat bunting bag.  That's a Ca-ba-owl.  The first of it's kind.  We went to our friend Lauren and Tony's for a parental Halloween pre-party.   I've never seen so many little ones and toys.  There was Elvis, a hotdog, a lobster, a cow, M&M.  Lots of ooooing and aaahing and runny noses.  (Most of the kiddies were 8mos-1.5 years.)  I also attempted to get into the spirit with my hot afro wig, until I looked liked a complete a-hole.  No other parents were dressed up.  So much for trying to meet new people and appearing to be normal.   Perhaps the wig looked a little too real.  Oh well.  

I also wanted to address the #1 comment we've been getting: "I can't figure out who Tanner looks like."  Neither can we.  As of right now, the UPS guys is a strong contender cause we still have no clue where the perma tan and lips came from.  My mom claims he looks nothing like me when I was a baby because I was never that cute.  And when I looked at pictures with Jason's mom of Jason as a baby, not too much of a resemblance either. Though my friend did point out that Tanner does have a close resemblance to Kingston, Gavin Rossdale's and Gwen Stefani's baby.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think as Tanner gets older his face will probably get longer (S & D's were pretty round as babies and are longer now) and look more like both of you. He has a very pretty (yet not femanine) face, so I think he will look like you in the months/ years to come.
cincity

Anonymous said...

Hey......i had a round face as a baby and.....I STILL DO!!! HAHAHA! Maybe he has it too!! Love, Auntie Judi xo