Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Critter Stats

The last few posts (ok, all of them) have been all about Jason and me. It's time for an update on the 15 week old critter. Afterall, the blog is called Lil' Warne. Some interesting stats from my book:
  • Baby is 4" long (head to rump), about the size of a large orange and only weights 2.5 oz. (what I can't figure out is why I've gained 6 lbs for 2.5 oz????)
  • Legs are finally growing longer than the arms and can move all the joints and limbs
  • Can sense light and if we shine a flashlight on the belly s/he will move (haven't tried it yet, but could be like a fun hide and seek)
  • Forming taste buds and secreting urine in the placenta, lovely
  • Can squint, frown, grimace, grasp, kick and suck thumb
I think the most amazing fact (back on us again) is that no one yet knows about the critter. Thank goodness that flowy tops and dresses are in style and that we're going to see the families next weekend. I'm happy that we'll be able to surprise them in person, but it's been hard for Jason and me. We're so ecstatic over this, and yet it hasn't felt real because we can't celebrate it. Less than 2 more weeks and everyone will be reading this...............

No comments: