It was a big week. Tanner turned the big 6 months. I can hardly believe he's now closer to 1 than 0. There were also many other milestones to celebrate - first taste of rice cereal (big success), first drink from a sippy cup (less successful) and Jason and I flew. Kind of. Over a year ago, Jason's bros, Jon and Kyle bought us gift certificates to iFly, which mimics skydiving. Unfortunately we were preggers at the time so we couldn't go, but with the rainy Bay Area weather lately, it was a perfect outing followed by In-N-Out. Essentially, you're thrust into a 100mph+ wind tunnel with your spit covering you and the instructors faces. It was awesome. You get to go 2x for 1 minute each, and on your second run, the instructor takes you up 20 feet and spins you around just like the Matrix. I was shocked that so many young kids were there. There had to have been at least 10 kids under 8, and only a few were crying and peeing in their pants. (The age minimum is 3. I know what Tanner's getting for his 3rd birthday).
The days, long nights and musings of two new parents to Tanner Kai who have no clue what they're doing. But know it will be worth it.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Big .5
It was a big week. Tanner turned the big 6 months. I can hardly believe he's now closer to 1 than 0. There were also many other milestones to celebrate - first taste of rice cereal (big success), first drink from a sippy cup (less successful) and Jason and I flew. Kind of. Over a year ago, Jason's bros, Jon and Kyle bought us gift certificates to iFly, which mimics skydiving. Unfortunately we were preggers at the time so we couldn't go, but with the rainy Bay Area weather lately, it was a perfect outing followed by In-N-Out. Essentially, you're thrust into a 100mph+ wind tunnel with your spit covering you and the instructors faces. It was awesome. You get to go 2x for 1 minute each, and on your second run, the instructor takes you up 20 feet and spins you around just like the Matrix. I was shocked that so many young kids were there. There had to have been at least 10 kids under 8, and only a few were crying and peeing in their pants. (The age minimum is 3. I know what Tanner's getting for his 3rd birthday).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. What a great experience. Looks like fun. I would like to see them get me off the ground. Fantastic pictures of T.K. You need a pet to lick his face clean. See you soon. Can't wait. Poppy Tu.
Penelope totally would lick his face! She loves to lick! Penelope would like to meet her cousin. The puglet wants to play with the Tan Man.
Oh my goodness!! The black and white picture is now my backround on my computer!! That should be blown up for sure. It's a KEEPER!
See you guys soon
Love Auntie Judi
xxxooo
Post a Comment