Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Super Sunday


Sunday was about as good as they come.  Tanner continued to dazzle us with his amazing feats (and feet below).  He turned over from his tummy to back ---which is a big deal.  Unfortunately, I looked away for a second to grab one of his toys and I found him lying face up under the coffee table.  No idea if he turned over himself or the turnover fairy had something to do with it.  Jason also reported that he has a thing for elephants (just like mom) and intentionally grabbed for his purple one on the activity mat (vs. accidently batting it in a fit of frustration which is normally what happens).  We ended Super Sunday with a good ol' bath.  Tanner went in his birthday suit, but Dad was a bit more conservative.  Oh, and I almost forgot the best news yet - Tanner's been smiling for almost a month now, but he's continually eluded the camera.  We put him on our bed and wouldn't let him up till he gave it up.  The progression below says it all.  Every time I look at it, I melt.  But then again, I'm his mom and a sucker.

I can't sign off without telling you how awesome it was to webcam with my two Grandmas (Sarah and Freda) on Thanksgiving.  I will never forget all the wet kisses they gave to the cam and the Yiddish songs.  Speaking of Yiddish and the non-kosher, my Grandma Freda appropriately gave Tanner's Franks & Beans a new name after seeing them - Pepperoni & Kneidlach (Yiddish for matzoh balls).  







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and Nana "melts",too...oh such joy!!
Thanks for the beautiful pictures and the update.
XOXOX
Nana :)

Jamie Mieth said...

He has grown so much! Adorable!

Cincity said...

Woah! When did Jason take it all off? (hair). Cute Pix and way to go Tanner on the roll over. Hope he doesn't repeat this feat in 16 years in a different manner... :)

Nicole Bongard said...

Oh my, is he darling! I'd say ALMOST as cute as Riley was at that age. Beautiful photos, guys!

And yeah, first time Riley rolled, it was out of the Bumbo, onto the kitchen table (THUMP!), but thank GAWD not onto the floor. Don't ever put the Bumbo on the table, or a chair, no matter what. Stupid mommy, I was!! Underestimating a baby?

Don't tell anyone.