Thursday, June 19, 2008

No Turning Back

Since we're off to Punta Cana for a week long Babymoon, I wanted to give you a little update to hold you over until we're back. (Sorry, you'll have to wait for the belly pic. And because our resort is all-inclusive, it will be worth the wait. I'll probably be twice as big - and not cause of Critter. Cheesecake, here I come).

We went to the OBGYN yesterday for our now bi-weekly check ups. (In a month, we have to go weekly). We heard Critter's heartbeat (when he wasn't kicking the monitor), selected a Pediatrician, learned about newborn testing, got forms for Disability Insurance and started the hospital registration process. No turning back now. Plus, I almost got Dr. Bason-Mitchell to prescribe Jason some qualudes or valium. (Yes, I really did ask.) Love that boy, but his neuroticism over Punta Cana food and water is too much. He actually wanted to pack a case of bottled water in our suitcases. (Note that the 4-star resort fully stocks your fridge with bottled water). On a not so brighter note, we also found out that I'm anemic. Not a biggie and honestly, I expected it. I don't eat red meat or fish, and with my gas issues, beans can only be eaten on nights when Jason's not around. So, I'm on some potent iron supplements here on out. Doc also said that my sugar levels were on the low side. What? I practically eat a cup of sugar a day between fruits, coffee, cookies and It's Its. Guess that gives me the thumbs up for hitting the dessert table 2x/night during vacation. Ahh.......it's good to be me.

2 comments:

Cincity said...

Hey Steph,
Not to worry on the anemic stuff. I chow red meat and was still anemic with Sophia. Make sure you get plenty of fiber as the iron supplements, well, back you up.

Nicole Bongard said...

Be careful! The desserts were my downfall in pregnancy. They are why I gained 40 pounds with Riley, and 2 years later, on Jenny Craig... and it's funny, I'm not even a sweets person!

Have a great trip (and a great 4th weekend on the party boat), and be careful. Can't wait to see you guys!
xoxo